Mala Workshops - Friday 25th May - Trader Trove, Miami
Friday 25th May, 6.30pm
22 Christine Ave,
Miami, QLD 4220
Embrace your inner creative and explore the history and art of sacred mala bead making with Emma from Ava Jewels. Bring a friend and set forth some life changing intentions, as you get to design and create your very own japa mala bead necklace.
To ensure the intimacy and enjoyment for all is honoured, this workshop is only open to 12 attendees. So be sure to book your spot now.
The high quality materials you’ll be provided with include:
- 100% pure silk thread,
- tools and instruction for hand knotting (optional)
- 8mm Sacred rudraksha and genuine aromatic sandalwood beads,
- 8mm gemstone beads. Select from over twenty kinds of genuine, all natural semi-precious crystal beads,
- Silk Skeins for handmade tassels.
- Japa Mala meditation instruction and blessing ceremony - gift bag to keep your precious mala safe.
As well as creating your mala, you will learn the spiritual significance of the 108+1 configuration and how mala beads are used in meditation. Guidance will also be given on the significance and healing qualities of the different gemstone beads to choose from. Come on a journey of enjoyment and appreciation of these ancient spiritual adornments and allow your creative side to SHINE!! Refreshments and essential oils will also be shared to truly heighten the mood.
If you have wanted to learn the sacred art of hand knotting, then this is the workshop for you. Tools and instructions will be provided on this ancient craft, and then decide for yourself how many knots you would like to include in your mala. You will be given plenty of time to design and make your mala, and hand knotting is absolutely optional - some lovely spacer beads will also be provided.
Emma from Ava Jewels is dedicated to providing fun and sacred space to explore and express our pure light inside. Bring with you your inner child and sense of adventure as we hold space for each other, explore our greatest desires and infuse them in to these precious spiritual adornments. This event is not strictly open to women - if you have any gorgeous men in your life that would enjoy making their own mala, please bring them along!
For more information on what it's like to attend a mala workshop, you can read this beautiful Blogwritten by one of our recent attendees Lauren.
This workshop is ideal for:
- Jewellery enthusiasts :: There will be lots of opportunity to create the mala of your dreams, from scratch.
- Gemstone lovers :: there will be the chance to build many beautiful gemstones in to your mala design from a selection of over 20 different varieties of semi-precious gemstone beads.
- Those keen to learn the meditative art of hand knotting.
- Looking for an alternative to your Friday night out? This is the perfect event for connection, love and healing in a expressive and substance free environment.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions whatsoever. If you require a table and chair for the event, please mention this in the notes section at check out and this can be gladly and easily arranged.